EMF 140: Introduction to Electronic Media and Film
Spring 2017 / Mon & Wed / 11AM-12:15 in MC 108 Course Syllabus
Instructor: Dr. David Reiss
Office MC 208 Email: email@example.com
Course assignments will be POSTED below throughout the semester.
FEB 16th POST
Reading for next class.
ONLINE TEXT: Lens & Camera
BLOG Photo Assignment #1: DUE MONDAY FEB 27th
Creation of BLOG for semester's projects.
BLOG reading w/ examples (and possibilities...)
Option 1. wordpress The blog is almost as east to use as Tumblr, and it’s more SEO friendly.
WordPress Video Tutorial by Prof. Ryan Murray :
DISREGARD his comments for HIS students regarding URL, invitation email, etc.
2. blogger This blog is just about as good as the free WordPress blog option.
Option 3: if you already have a blog or website you can use that.
SEVEN PRINCIPALS OF VISUAL LITERACY
1. Visuals can create a powerful illusion of reality.
2. Visuals are carefully arranged views of reality, not reality itself.
3. Viewers take an active part in interpreting visual information.
4. Visual messages are conveyed through both form & content.
5. Visual images often rely on metaphor and mythic thinking.
6. Visuals present information in interrelated, non-linear ways.
7. Visuals trigger strong and immediate emotional responses.
Links to Online resources:
VOTE Posters via link below.
3. SELECT your top 3 and favorite one -
write a SHORT BLOG of 3-4 sentences why you chose favorite
and be ready to present in class WED NOV 2nd.
Assignment for WED 10/5
Aug 30: FIRST READING ASSIGNMENT: First 6 pages of Lens & Camera
Sept 6th POSTED:
LYNDA.com FREE access to entire library of tutorials
Login to Lynda.com using your TU ID and password.